Thursday 2 January 2020

Welcome 2020 and Voices to be Heard


21st century Marjorie standing where Marjory Humes, one of the Suffragettes chained herself to the statue of Viscount Falkland in St Stephens Hall.
I have spent lots of time over the recent years in Parliament lobbying and attending relevant committee meetings to get Women's Voices Heard. My campaign for DWP reforms for DV survivors to gain a strong financial platform of support on the pathway to healing and rebuilding her life.  As I am a 1950s born women have joined the voices of those cheated out of their pension funds with the shift in retirement age from 60yrs to 66yrs.... I continue to struggle with the failings of a badly thought out set of policies.... so we must fight on for reform. I have over Christmas been inspired by Gutsy Women a compilation of women over the years that had their voices heard for change.  So thanks to Hilliary & Chelsea for producing this book.  In among my campaigning I also give support to Syrian refugees as we are all traumatised souls rebuilding our lives so have a special bond. I am also a retired RN RM so cannot ignore the pain in the world to be healed. I can be a voice for them in Parliament too. 
The book went with me to the Deans Yard Westminster Abbey just before Christmas - for the "Launch of Social Housing, Affordable Rents & Elimination of Homelessness Bill."