Sunday 8 July 2018

Sunday Morning battering by failed system

I have been woken up this morning by the harassment of the energy company that provides my Gas & Electric.  I have accumulative arrears for my studio age restricted bungalow with the London Borough of Hillingdon.

The service provider does try to help me and over the last couple of years I have actioned all the suggestions and applied for energy grants but have been declined them.. The letters saying we can see you need help but more than a one off help. 
I have over this time had sanctioning from JSA for taking a volunteering post with an NGO..... I am on ESA for depression and have, as you know been recovering from poverty vitamin induced pneumonia - unable to fight off the chest infection that was doing its rounds at Easter.  I have been having bowel symptoms which required MRI scan to rule out cancer.  Thank goodness it is not cancer my surgeon tells me but can only be put down to poverty and inadequate daily diet.  He has asked of this blog link to join the campaign as shocked at my plight!  YES THIS IS THE UK in  2018!

I have repeatedly requested the energy service provider that supplies my gas and electricity to accompany me to the APPG Poverty for them to put forward a pilot study to help women survivors of domestic violence.  To offer a basic unit of usage free and then tarifs above this to be billed.... So women at least are able to keep the basics running and have some heating in winter. 

I have had bilateral breast operation in the past with breakdown of wounds and a fistula to the left thoracic region I need to keep the scar tissue warm or I get a dermatome nerve pain on a scale of 0 -10 that is 8 if the scar is cold.

I am a 1954 born women so as you know am a WASPI women unable to get her state pension..... I have repeatedly requested my Gas & Electric service provider to join our collective voices to get the DWP to be urgently reformed and for Theresa May the PM to act by a change in policies on pensions for the 1950s women-  to have their compensation of the lost £46,000 from the sudden shift in pension age from 60 to 66 yrs... I am not the only one having horrendous problems being pushed more and more in poverty.

We need companies that provide essential services to shout for us all in Government as it is not fair, I as a customer want to pay my bills but how can I when I have been getting between £38 - £44 a WEEK... I have evidenced my "income" or pittance to the energy supplier yet now I am being subjected to the collection hassle of being rung on a Sunday morning! One gets the impression by the caller that surely I must have a stash of cash under the mattress!  But I have repeatedly told the company I have been left penniless with my perpetrator. 

I am told I am being too political and they cannot do anything about this - but yes my situation is the result of failed political policies and yes they can do something about it.... they can join the voices to shout for urgent reform of the DWP. 

Why can I NOT get over the need for a better financial support for women survivors of domestic violence at any age... and when you think urgent for those with children too..... 

But I am also battered by the ridiculously thought out policies of the Cameron government on benefits as if all that use benefits are wasters and MUST find work..I am not a "something for nothing" I have paid in a considerable amount of tax over my years.. near on half a century tax.... with payslips to show not a mathematical illusion as one of the Tory backbenchers stated in the parliament debate 14th December 2017 !

I am trying trying trying to get paid work in among this.... there are jobs that I have been keen to be shortlisted for but it does not happen.... or there are obstacles like a need to go back to uni for a RTP which I must pay for! But I have no funds for....I cannot train as a teacher with the government promotion drive and get £26,000 while training - this is only on offer for younger students not over 60s who must pay for their training... as if we have loads of dosh to pay for this. 

I am shocked with the voluntary work I do in a destitute centre - we have poverty on a grand scale in London that makes you feel we have been flung into Dickens time but with electric and all our modern day paraphernalia...

It is so hard to have dialogue with this company now as they see my frustration as me going crazy...! In some ways it is a crazed situation as I am so so frustrated as I would like FINANCIAL DIGNITY that has been robbed of me by violent perpetrators..... It hurts like hell to have come to my most vulnerable years not the woman of substance I could have been and would have been if not fallen victim to violent controller and scammer!

I have been used and abused and now the system batters me...

I have had a panic attack this morning with this call and been retching and nauseous as if choking...... I feel the system as got me by the throat... 

Instead of a Strong and Stable platform of support and some reparation for the criminal damage upon my being.... 

And we need the PM to listen to the 1950s women and let us have the State Pension we have earned with our years to the Queen & Country... many of us worked since 15 yrs like me my first job as an office junior  in 1969.

I hope that recent job applications come to an offer... but you can see that in all attempts to try you sort of get kneecapped on the battleground of trying with upsetting calls like today.

A society without compassion ceases to be a society. 
The way a society treats the elderly is also a measure of that society... Sadly we are failing the elderly women bitterly! 

Shame on the Prime Minister for NOT hearing our voices.