Saturday 26 May 2018

Women's voices being heard around London

This week has taken amazing shape...we are in Ramadan but I am unable to take fast because of the medical conditions and the need to for the MRI scan this week.  But as is so true of this Lunar month there can be some amazing energy around where the doors of truth open. So on Wednesday the day after my scan there was a short notice email for me to meet one of the Victim Commissioner's team to take part in a face to face interview...... 

The Victim's Commissioner in the City Hall London is reaching out to hear victims voices from all types of crimes upon them.  This is to 1. ensure compliance with Victim's Code of Practice; 2. Bring the victims voice to the table; 3. Increasing awareness of support services and 4. Help refresh the London violence against women & girls (VAWG) strategy. 
London Gov site - Victims Commissioner 
I had filled in the online survey and was then asked if I would take part in an face to face interview... Such an amazing powerful step to get across the need for a stronger platform of support for women survivors to heal, detox from the ugliness of violence upon them and rebuild their lives... The present DWP and system is in need of major reform as it is as if the system becomes the perpetrator constantly battering the woman with drops in support and inadequate support.  There is a need for staff training in local councils, jobcentres and DWP to understand the journey that a survivor has to take psychologically when out of the violent relationship - it is not a case of "you are out then you are OK now!" the post traumatic stress is immense to work through and can be exacerbated with lack of support! 

What was caring and compassionate is that in view of my medical problems the interviewer arranged to meet me in Paddington... without me having to trail to City Hall... though I hope I can go to the city hall at some point.   So Women's Voices are being heard and will be in an overall report that will be published later in the year!


I have had time with my local MP John McDonnell's PA and we have gone over not only my immediate needs but the overall view on the failure of the present DWP and local council.

Then today been with another survivor in my neighbourhood to see the newly elected local councillors..... What is happening now is that there is a need for a cross party review of strategy to provide better and more understanding support. There is a need for local governments to feed back into central government that the present DWP policies are failing to support women at risk, putting them at further risk and are in need of major review... the funding the PM keeps referring too must be made available to help meet the therapeutic needs of women so she can break the ties to the past and move on in her life. The goal of support to be able to rebuild and reconnect with herself again.  

Both of us that sat before the local councillor today had major evidence of the failings of the system; Plus how we had from the induced poverty both been in hospital so cost the NHS which is bad housekeeping of any government .. with good support we would not have had our illnesses... and would be able to heal. Both of us are not lazy, in fact get exhausted with all the system failing battles to handle.  We would like to work and contribute to society. We are not "something for nothing" as present gov policies seem to suggest when in need of benefits... We have found ourselves in this situation because we fell victim to criminal controlling violent perpetrators.  I personally have worked 38 years in the NHS and as you can see from this campaign always see the wider frame of my situation as an overall concern - that all women aside me and behind me and some in front of me are in need of better support to help them regain their lives back! 
I have to keep turning my pain into campaign to help all women's voices heard!
A society without compassion ceases to be a society for it is compassion that holds it together.
Turning pain into Campaign!

Reform to help women heal and rebuild.... when will we get this right and fair for women? Sign the petition it is still on the go till I get some debate for reform. Petition for Strong & Stable Pathway of Support for Survivors 
This campaign must continue till achieved it goals no matter what happens to me... I have to get a better pathway of support for women!