Thursday 12 October 2017

Parliament for State Pension

http://www.waspi.co.uk/
 This meeting was a revelation of how much this situation is affecting women. Many of us have worked since 1969 and have paid in tax over the years expecting to retire at 60 to find the retirement age as shifted to 66yrs... I personally have to wait till 2020 for my pension.  There is a bill to go through parliament to shift the retirement to 70yrs begging the question where as all our tax money gone! We had MPs coming to the meeting the most kindly and spent time with us before rushing to division was the Shadow Pensions secretary Alex Cunningham.  The rest of the labour MPs and the Lib dem that came were also with us and kindly.  Sadly the government MP that came was less warm and caring and was saying we are low priority.  That really ruffled my feathers.  It hurts like hell this the whole dam situation I have found myself in... I was sat with a view from the committee room to St Thomas's hospital were I worked for 20 year as a midwife .... I have seen life in the world safely and in nursing seen life out with dignity and painfree ... I have worked through breaks on busy shifts and not enough staff and got off late from shifts.. I have paid in an enormous amount of tax over my years since my first job as an office junior in 1969.  LOW PRIORITY LOW PRIORITY LOW PRORITY.... rings over and over in my head from this meeting.  My situation compounded by not being the woman of substance I should have been and could have been with falling victim to violent abusive perpetrator husbands number 2 and number 3... left penniless and now at an age where I cannot just jump into paid work... there is endless offers of volunteer work but no paid work.. I try as you know to find funding for my Syrian Refugee Family Link up Project and I try to get online customers for commission from the independent consult business for NYR organic... I campaign and am an activist on domestic and international issues... Where there is pain I campaign!!  To be told I and all the other women are LOW PRIORITY by government is quite frankly NOT ACCEPTABLE.... it is a form of abuse on our integrity and all that we have done for this country.  It makes me ashamed of this country my motherland.  How can a leader and foul policies do this to the elderly the sick and the vulnerable.....? it is perverse and a gross failure of state duty of care!   It is obscene... 

I came out of the meeting feeling dizzy and upset and screaming inside as this is NOT the country I want my motherland to be.... A couple of police officers in parliament near the committee rooms called me to them and they were so so kind to me... One took off his hat as form of respect for me and held my hand... They know my history and see my scar on my arm from my pin and plate from Amine kicking me.... They told me Don't give up Marjorie you are doing good keep strong... I am grateful to their care and support.

You know when you listen to others we are all feeling enough is enough now...many are shocked and upset that the elderly are having to fight for their state pension.  Time the government were stopped with all this harsh austerity... and yet they will pompously spouting off they are putting this money in this and that ..and doing this and that - but on the front-line the pain and the effects of mal-policies are evident.  The system is not caring for those in needs and the hardworking taxpayers that have become vulnerable on life's way. 

Readers will you sign and circulate the petition that the WASPI campaign have on the go they need 100,000 signatures to get the matter fully debated in parliament. The signatures are over halfway so can you help.  If you care about your mother, if you care about your grandmother and if you care about your sister then please sign this.

Sign now Make fair transitional state pension arrangements for 1950’s women - Petitions Sign now Sign now and share lets get the 100,000 signatures and more! 

Help me to help women's voices be loud and clear with my petition and my appeal to help women Many thanks Marjorie 
Sign and share to go viral as the problem already is viral... !
Support the Petition to get a Strong & Stable pathway of support for women
Help to me to promote the cause nationwide and fund workshops