Sunday 25 February 2018

Voice & Action of a Strong woman

Strongly recommend this online 3 weeks course looking at Beyond the Ballot: Women's Rights and Suffrage from 1866 to today.  This afternoon was very pleasant one and an inspiring one completing the first week.. During this week we have been introduced to some incredibly strong willed and determined women to put right fairness where there was unfairness and pain for women.
One woman from this week as really touched my heart and although I felt a kindred spirit in all the women talked about this one woman I am impressed with.
Caroline Norton as been more of pioneer for reform that ever I had known about.  I am saddened she has not been the key figure in history lessons for me till today.  She was a victim of a violent abuser but fought for reforms on three key aspects that of divorce, child custody and property rights.  Dr Stella Moss discussed her case on the course as a major Social reformer and was a colourful character with many aspects to her whole being.  I have on google and searching more about Caroline found poetry that she used to express herself and she was a keen writer.
Caroline Norton was born in 1808. She was the daughter of Thomas Sheridan and the novelist Caroline Henrietta Callander. In 1827, Caroline married George Chapple Norton, a Barrister and MP for Guildford.
 Caroline was subjected to mental and physical abuse and in 1836 the couple separated. Caroline was able to live off her earnings as a writer. However, George claimed these earnings as his property, taking Caroline to court and winning the case.
 However, Caroline used the ruling to her advantage by running-up bills in her husband’s name. When the creditors came to collect the debts, she told them that they could sue her husband.
 Caroline was instrumental in raising the profile of issues surrounding custody of children, divorce and women’s rights to property (or lack thereof upon marriage). Her efforts were a significant contributory factor in a series of reforms in the nineteenth century. 
 For all her hard work and significant wins on reform we are still struggling now in 2018 with the need for better financial support on our healing journey from these violent perpetrators.... Clearly our perpetrators financially cripple their victims seeing this as one of a weak areas to prey on. But this lady today as got me digging deeper into the property laws as you know I have been cheated out of property with a past perpetrator so this is going to be an interesting search for me.  We need to look at this especially when the perpetrators have coerced their prey in an out of court settlement... we really need to have a complete look at the financial abuse and how to get the survivor back on the track to rebuilding their lives with financial dignity.... 

I am writing this having been sanctioned by the jobcentre for lack of evidence of job searching yet have completed a TEFL course and been doing a mandatory foundation course and modules for the British Red Cross.... I have no funds coming in now and am scratching around for food... today thus far had one cup of milky coffee toast tomato soup and herbal tea with drinks of tap water too.... I do not think this is a fair way of treating a survivor.... I do apply for work but now over 60 yrs do not get even short listed... the most sensible solution would be to have my state pension.... 

Every Thursday the WASPI women are protesting outside parliament meeting opposite Emily Pankhurst statue......Weekly Protest for WASPI women  This last Thursday I saw Boris's brother pass by and called for him to listen to me Jo Johnson did stop and he did listen to all the situation... He is glad I have John McDonnell, Shadow Chancellor helping me as my MP but my eldest daughter is in Boris's constituency so he suggested she make an appointment with his brother Boris Johnson MP for Uxbridge and South Ruislip and Foreign Secretary..  I know his predecessor John Randall would listen and would be upset at the behaviour of Amine towards me after all our immigration efforts. I also have left a voicemail for the Prime Minister on the matter too... IT IS SERIOUS WOMEN DESERVE BETTER SUPPORT ON THEIR PATHWAY OF HEALING....
Caroline Elizabeth Sarah Norton
I am sure Caroline would be with me on this matter for sure.  
Caroline Elizabeth Sarah Norton, born in London in 1808, is the author of The Lady of la Garaye (Macmillan, 1866), The Sorrows of Rosalie: A Tale with Other Poems (John Ebors and Co., 1829), and several other poetry collections. She is also known for her political influence and involvement in women’s rights.
 Here is the first verse of her poems - I do not love thee 
I do not love thee!—no! I do not love thee! And yet when thou art absent I am sad; And envy even the bright blue sky above thee, Whose quiet stars may see thee and be glad.
I highlight this - why was she sad when he was absent... and it is that actually many of us feel we are in love with our perpetrators but it is delusional and part of their illusion that they create.. and you can grieve for them when they are gone or you have left and got out.... but what you grieve for is the illusion that they created that hooked you into the love and relationship and for many keeps them fixed. So here we are in 2018 another generation of women and another generation of perpetrators.... and still needing reform to help women heal and rebuild.... when will we get this right and fair for women? Sign the petition it is still on the go till I get some debate for reform.
Petition for Strong & Stable Pathway of Support for Survivors