Tuesday 14 November 2017

Petition Update

14 NOV 2017 — I have not posted an update for some time as been busy with the WASPI campaign to fight for the state pension as I am one of the 1950s babies that cannot get this. It would help my situation so much if I could get this. I have had time with Rev Paul Nicholson London group of Taxpayers Against Poverty. The group do see the area of Domestic Violence survivors as a special need and that we do need a better pathway of support. All we are seeing in the backlash of politically induced austerity is actually costing more to society. Financial dignity is so much needed for all. 

You know I am not eating a nutritious diet daily with the limited benefit funds and times of dropped support. My mouth has been showing signs of scurvy Vit C deficiency and my teeth have been fracturing with reduced calcium intake. I have splintered front incisor that needs attention and I had an upper molar that fractured in multiple areas..... I have had to find a dentist. The first one I visited did offer NHS but you still have to pay the bands of care. But readers and supporters I did not feel happy with him.... he thrust the mirror in front of me and humiliated me with the state of my teeth and the gross neglect. I have had enough of humiliation from my abusive partner. I need love care and compassion. Yesterday I can only put this as being "lead" on some spiritual level to a local dentist... he is private so I had to pay but wow what a difference he was loving and caring and his nurse so kind with me. He was upset at my history and will look after me. I was treated with respect and so much compassion. The way I would look after all my years patients and mothers that I have cared for when I was a practising nurse & midwife. I had an interesting experience with the dental extraction it was like any pain reawakens the pain of being beaten, kicked and punched... So it is like you fall into the horror again. I am usually quite stoic but this I noticed ... the nurse in the surgery held my hand and I felt encapsulated in their love and care. What I am trying to tell you is that a domestic violence survivor has deep imprints on her very being mind body and spirit of the pain and abuse she has been through. In a way I felt yesterday as I was moved on through the healing of this through this bizarre situation of having my fracture upper molar removed. I actually feel mind cleansed today. 

So I am proposing we need in the pathway of healing the need to have funds for care like this... we need to re discover the inner woman and shine and be strong again. 

My last update I told you about the need for gas and electric support too... and we need to keep our phone and wifi connections for contact with the outside world and to help us find ways to earn and follow courses..

All we need is love and strong pathway of care and support to help us heal, detox from the violence upon us and rebuild our lives... 

we do not need a system that batters us and drives us deeper and deeper into poverty. We need healing support. 

Thank you for the new signatures to the petition I am grateful you are seeing the message of what I am trying to achieve.... Compassion back in Society for a Society without compassion ceases to be a society.

Marjorie