Monday 24 July 2017

Labour family Listens

Yesterday the Labour party family listened to my cry for Women's Voices to be heard.  We had dynamic and caring members of the Shadow Cabinet....in Uxbridge Civic Centre..... the London Borough of Hillingdon being the ones that have issued me with eviction from my OAP sheltered bungalow!!! Emily held my hand throughout all I was telling her about the dangers of women being let down by the present DWP policies... she was fully engaged and listening to all I was saying... This case of me a 63yrs old DV victim being threaten with eviction from an OAP sheltered bungalow the final straw in showing how callous this government has become.   Sir Keir Starmer was shocked at my revelation and would speak with John McDonnell to help - I told him I have a petition on the go for John to challenge government on and would tweet it to him.....He was impressed that I was not laying down to die but being proactive for women aside me and behind me... and that this in fact constitutes a Breach of State Duty of Care to UN directives on care for women that have been subject to violence in war and peace time... But in honesty the pain this gives me and other women you could just curl up and give up... BUT NO NOT I! I am Lady Marjorie with stamina and concern for the injustice of all that this is causing to women in need.  I am my mother's daughter she was a strong Labour supporter and would carry the banner for social justice.... So I will keep challenging till women get the strong and stable pathway they deserve with financial dignity and renewed empowerment as they rebuild their lives. 
Vincent Lo,the Labour candidate for Uxbridge & South Ruislip continues to support my cause out of great concern for all women that are being let down on their need for a Strong and Stable pathway of healing and rebuilding their lives. We have an action plan to meet soon and to visit some of our amazing ladies that are trying to rebuild after violence.  Some left with long term physical injuries that will need long term support... But with help and healing of a strong and stable pathway of support we can get a good life for these women...with peace and empowerment.
Owen Johns I spoke to and he was so utterly shocked and concerned that this was happening to me and other women.. it is a disgrace he felt with me....we cannot have a society that does this to our women who have been abused. Bailiffs, sanctions, system failing women debts, evictions are perverse...when she needs love care compassion understanding and helping hand to rebuild her life again.  Remember I am alone many women are trying to rebuild with children... and children are equally in need of help and support as all are traumatised with the violence upon them or witnessed on their mothers. 
I felt loved and listened to with our politicians with so much concern and respect for all I had been through and my desire to improve the pathway for all women aside me and behind me.... Thanks also to a medical colleague and Labour Mayoral Assembly member, Dr Onkar Sahota who is concerned that this is happening to me as a nurse and midwife.  yes after 38yrs of caring for all my patients and mothers... I am treated like I am nothing with the Tory council to not support me and help me rebuild my life.... IT HURTS..! But this lady is not nothing neither are any of the women that have fallen victim to criminal perpetrators.  We have a value that needs respect, care and dignified help to rebuild our lives again. It is well known that perpetrators financially cripple their victims. So we need financial dignity restored.  I appreciated the hugs of care from all too... that was spirit strengthening for me to carry on... Thank you to the Labour Family 
Sign and share to go viral as the problem already is viral... !
Support the Petition to get a Strong & Stable pathway of support for women

Help to me to promote the cause nationwide and fund workshops 
Improve support DV survivors