Friday 7 July 2017

Trauma counselling

I am a graduate nurse and midwife with counselling skills but as you know been on the journey of abuse and needing healing from violence and trauma on my very being by two rogue husbands.  The journey now to understand more to help others rebuild their lives as I rebuild mine is pulling me to learn more.  Of course of the last two years I have been counselling and befriending my Syrian refugee family that have been displaying deep post traumatic stress that is likened to the shell shock first written about in soldiers returning from the trenches in WW1.... So I am observing patterns and themes of reactions to the journey of the aftermath of trauma. 

The book Trauma - a practitioner's guide to counselling is very well set out with some good chapters to follow.  Just been sat in my garden to get an overview before studying in more depth.