Friday 14 July 2017

Reading to understand more

I have been blessed by friends other women helping me to expand on my knowledge and counselling skills.  Got a copy of this book to study further.  I have always listened to my patients and mothers when I was practising as a nurse and midwife.  My nursing took me in oncology and there was always a need to listen and counsel through pain and grieving.  I did get a certificate in counselling from Leeds University in my early days of being a newly qualified staff nurse.  Seems crazy that I fell victim to domestic violence but it knows no barriers and can happen to professionals.  I have got this book from attending an open day at a private school for psychotherapy.  It is well put together and it helps me with my counselling of my Syrian refugees too.  We are all traumatised souls that lost all and need to rebuild our lives.  It is heartwarming when I chat with Dante on facebook and skype in his low times and he says you always seem to feel what I am feeling and understand.  There is similarity as he has been tortured and through the horrors of war violence.  I have been through my horrors of domestic violence.  I have written articles on our counselling sessions but the nursing journals have not published as yet.  This I need to pursue as I feel we have a lot to share with you all on our journey of healing.  I always try to get to grips with what is happening to me and others. That is part of me being me.. Marjorie. 
Sign and share to go viral as the problem already is viral... !
Support the Petition to get a Strong & Stable pathway of support for women

Help to me to promote the cause nationwide and fund workshops 
Improve support DV survivors