Thursday 3 August 2017

Front-line letter today

This morning I had weetabix for breakfast from the foodbank stock I was given!
This is an example of what is happening on the front-line with those that have an history of domestic violence upon them and mental pain from that abuse.  I live in one of the most wealthy boroughs that of London Borough of Hillingdon its wealth generated by land prices, by business, by a wealthy class particularly in the north of the borough.  We have the Heathrow airport and we have had increased homes built with some quite swish apartments that are generating council tax and making a thriving economy from private ownership and wealthy landlords.  
Do note they have spent £2 million on the refurbishments of high streets in the borough! 

Yet we have some horrendous poverty from those that are needing help but are not getting the help they need from all the tax that is being generated.  Even the poor pay tax in VAT on what goods they can manage to pay for.

In Domestic violence the violent perpetrator will financially cripple his victim. This is well known in published papers, reports and books on the subject.  Yet the DWP and the Local Council are failing to recognise this and help victims of this crime with financial support.  Instead we are being hounded for said debts that are not our debts but a System Failure debts... Benefit caps mean out of the precious little women receive they have to pay a sum back to the council in rent and council tax. Yesterday in the Women's group we heard of one of our women victims being evicted... 

This is not the society I or my ancestors fought for... I had pride in my tax contributions in my working years to know it goes for service provision for those in need of help, and to be there when I needed help! But today with the horrendous and quite shameful policies of this government I am ashamed of my motherland.... 

It is like we are sliding back 200 yrs into our history where the poor where seen as idle and incompetent... BUT in truth poverty is a diagnostic of a FAILED LEADERSHIP ... as a strong leader ensures all his or her citizens do not go without in life... That the Maslow Hierarchy of needs are met for harmonious creative life on this earth and to build strong communities based on compassion and care for one another. 

This an example of what I am trying to handle as a domestic violence survivor at 63yrs unable to get my State Pension till 66yrs in 2020 - people happy to take my time as volunteer but no paid work offered me.. I build my own projects to help rebuild others lives that have been victims of violence in war and peace time.... but cannot get funding for those projects and to give me some financial dignity as I rebuild my life.   I am proactive this blog is also a sign of that proactivity.  You see I am my mothers daughter... I cannot and will not rest until we have fairness and justice in this land of my ancestors... where there is compassion for those in need of help... not demonising and hounding those in need and labelling them as Cameron did as the "Something for nothing" brigade! rather an irony when many Tories have their wealth from hand me downs over generations!!! 

it is quite frankly obscene to hound and hassle the poor like this... it obscene and hypocritical in a said Christian country this is happening ... where is our Lords teaching in this?  All world religions carry the same message of selfless love for one another in compassion for all creation... 

Where is the message in our politics and policies that does this to women in need of help and rebuilding their lives after violence and abuse upon them 

And please where is the £20 million that government said they were putting into helping women that have suffered domestic violence... as there is NO EVIDENCE of this on the front-line....  
Women's voices to be heard as this is not right and perverse.... 
Help me to help that voice be loud and clear with my petition and my appeal to help women Many thanks Marjorie 
Sign and share to go viral as the problem already is viral... !
Support the Petition to get a Strong & Stable pathway of support for women
Help to me to promote the cause nationwide and fund workshops 
Improve support DV survivors